Here are some major parts of a boat:
1. Rudder: The rudder controls how much the boat is turned. You turn it with the tiller or wheel.
2. Keel: The keel is a big, 1 ton piece of lead at the center of the bottom of the boat. It's there so if you heel alot, you won't tip over.
3. Jib: The jib is the big sail towards the bow(front). You can have a regular jib or a spinnaker, a huge colorful sail you can set up.
4. Mast: The mast is the tall pole in the middle of the boat. It holds the jib, boom, and main sail.
5. Main Sail: The main sail is, well, the main sail. It is attached to the mast and boom.
6. Boom: The boom is attached to the mast and helps hold the main sail on.
7. Tiller: The tiller turns the rudder the opposite way you push it(so you have to "turn towards trouble"). With a wheel, you turn the way you want to. It is located towards the stern(back).